Connect with us

Uncategorized

Gen. Milley Termed Help Employee Assault ‘a Righteous Strike’ – It Exposes Flaws in ‘Over-the-Horizon’ Counterterror System

The final army action taken by the U.S. in Afghanistan was a drone strike on a car or truck believed […]

Published

on

The final army action taken by the U.S. in Afghanistan was a drone strike on a car or truck believed to be a part of an ISIS-K plot from U.S. evacuation endeavours.

Now, armed service leaders connect with the incident a “tragic error.” The strike, in reality, killed only civilians – an assist worker and his family members.

“This strike was taken in the earnest perception that it would prevent an imminent menace to our forces and the evacuees at the airport. But it was a oversight. And I give my honest apology,” stated Gen. Frank McKenzie, CENTCOM Commander.

Alternatively of taking out terrorists, however, the U.S. hellfire missile killed 10 customers of the Ahmadi household, including Emal Ahmadi’s three-calendar year-old daughter Malika.

“I want to for the Usa, that according to the law of the United states, that they need to punish the individuals (who) specific harmless children, and innocent man or woman (s) at my property,” he told ABC Information.

The driver of the specific auto was Zemarai Ahmadi, a longtime help worker with a U.S.-based mostly group. Rather than carrying explosives, it is really believed his car or truck was entire of drinking water bottles for his household.

Waheedullah Zaheer, a former co-worker of Ahmadi’s, tells CBN News his colleague was passionate about humanitarian work.

“He was working with Nutrition & Education Intercontinental and he was just supplying assistance to the teenage boys and girls, to close malnutrition,” Zaheer said.

For days after the drone strike, the Pentagon insisted it had strike its intended goal.

“At this issue, we think that the treatments ended up properly followed and it was a righteous strike,” Chairman of the Joint Chief’s Gen. Mark Milley said throughout a Pentagon press briefing.

And President Biden utilized the strike as an instance of a new “about-the-horizon” counter-terrorism technique.

“We can strike terrorists and targets devoid of American boots on the floor or very several if necessary. We have proven that capability just in the previous week. We struck ISIS-K remotely, times after they murdered 13 of our service associates and dozens of harmless Afghans,” mentioned the President.

The New York Instances initially lifted considerations that civilians experienced been killed in the strike, not terrorists. Zaheer suggests he understood as before long as he observed Ahmadi had been killed that the U.S. experienced designed a slip-up.

“Wanting to his history, his mind-set, his social frame of mind with the neighborhood and he was so humble, of course I believed, ‘He’s harmless,’” he mentioned.

On Friday, Secretary of Protection Lloyd Austin officially cleared Mr. Ahmadi’s name, saying he had no connections to ISIS-K and that his functions had been entirely harmless.

Austin has requested a overview of the investigation into the drone strike, expressing in a written statement, that the goal is to, “consider the degree to which the investigation viewed as all out there context and details, the diploma to which accountability actions have to have be taken and at what stage, and the diploma to which strike authorities, techniques, and procedures need to have to be altered in the upcoming.”

***Please sign up for CBN Newsletters and down load the CBN News app to ensure you maintain receiving the most recent news from a distinctly Christian viewpoint.***

The driver of the specific auto was Zemarai Ahmadi, a longtime help worker with a U.S.-based mostly group. Rather than carrying explosives, it is really believed his car or truck was entire of drinking water bottles for his household.

Source: https://en.newsrant.org/uncategorized/gen-milley-termed-help-employee-assault-a-righteous-strike-it-exposes-flaws-in-over-the-horizon-counterterror-system/

Uncategorized

Two from Pa. charged after North Carolina woman found dead in home

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Two people have been charged in the death of a woman whose body was found inside her home in North Carolina, police said. Winston

Published

on

SHOW ARTICLE –>

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Two people have been charged in the death of a woman whose body was found inside her home in North Carolina, police said.

Winston-Salem police said in a news release on Monday that officers responded to a home that morning to check on Michele Ruth Lowder, 45, after she failed to show up for work. When officers arrived, they found Lowder dead inside.

Police didn’t say how Lowder died. Her death was the 26th homicide of 2021 in Winston-Salem.

Also, police discovered that Lowder’s vehicle had been stolen. Officers found it with a suspect inside who tried to flee on foot but was apprehended after a brief chase, the news release said. A second suspect was found at a local hotel, police said.

Police arrested Tyree Lashauna Mosby, 18, who they said had recently fled from Pennsylvania where he’s wanted on an attempted murder charge. Officers also arrested Alexis Olacia Knox, 19, identified as an acquaintance of Mosby’s.

The police investigation led to a hotel where officers identified a 19-year-old woman named as an acquaintance of Mosby’s. Police said Knox cooperated with their investigation.

Mosby and Knox are being held without bond, and it’s not known if they have attorneys.

Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox

The police investigation led to a hotel where officers identified a 19-year-old woman named as an acquaintance of Mosby’s. Police said Knox cooperated with their investigation.

Source: https://www.lockhaven.com/uncategorized/2021/09/two-from-pa-charged-after-north-carolina-woman-found-dead-in-home/

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Sputnik’s single-dose vax gets DCGI nod for Phase-III trials in India

The nod comes after a recent study published in the medical journal The Lancet said that Sputnik Light showed 78.6 to 83.7 per cent efficacy against Covid-19, significantly higher than most two-shot vaccines.

Published

on

New Delhi: The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has granted permission for the conducting of the Phase III bridging trials of Sputnik Light on the Indian population. The Sputnik Light is a single-dose Covid-19 vaccine of the Russian vaccine Sputnik.

The nod comes after a recent study published in the medical journal The Lancet said that Sputnik Light showed 78.6 to 83.7 per cent efficacy against Covid-19, significantly higher than most two-shot vaccines.

The Subject Expert Committee of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) in July had refused to grant emergency-use authorisation to Sputnik-Light, ruling out the need for the conduct of the phase III trial of the Russian vaccine in the country.

The committee had noted that Sputnik Light was the same as component-1 of Sputnik V and its safety and immunogenicity data in the Indian population was already generated in a trial.

The study was conducted on at least 40,000 elderly people in Argentina. Sputnik Light also reduced hospitalizations among the target population at 82.1-87.6 per cent, the study said.

The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) last year partnered with Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories to conduct the phase III trials of Sputnik V vaccine in India. In April, Sputnik V received an emergency use authorisation in India. Reddy’s administered the first dose of the vaccine in Hyderabad under a limited pilot on May 14.

The study was conducted on at least 40,000 elderly people in Argentina. Sputnik Light also reduced hospitalizations among the target population at 82.1-87.6 per cent, the study said.

Source: https://newskarnataka.com/uncategorized/sputniks-single-dose-vax-gets-dcgi-nod-for-phase-iii-trials-in-india/

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Kamala Harris to visit Bay Area on Wednesday to campaign with Newsom

Vice President Kamala Harris will visit California’s Bay Area next week to campaign with Gov. Gavin Newsom, who faces possible removal from office in a Sept. 14 recall election.

Published

on


By DARLENE SUPERVILLE

Vice President Kamala Harris will visit California’s Bay Area next week to campaign with Gov. Gavin Newsom, who faces possible removal from office in a Sept. 14 recall election.

Symone Sanders, Harris’ chief spokesperson, tweeted Saturday that the vice president would visit on Wednesday. Sanders later confirmed that the trip is for Newsom’s political benefit.

Newsom was expected to appear with the vice president, Newsom campaign spokesman Nathan Click said.

Harris had been set to campaign with Newsom in late August on her way back to the U.S. after a week of events and appearances in Singapore and Vietnam. But she postponed the California stop and returned to Washington because of events in Afghanistan as the U.S. raced to evacuate Americans, allies and vulnerable Afghans before an Aug. 31 deadline.

President Joe Biden supports Newsom, a fellow Democrat and first-term governor, and the White House said late last month that Biden would travel to California on Newsom’s behalf.

“Well, I would say, first, I can confirm the president does still plan to go and campaign for Gov. Newsom in California,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at her Aug. 25 briefing. “I don’t have a date for you at this point in time, but that is still, certainly, his plan.”

A Biden trip to California has not been announced. The president has spent the past couple of weeks consumed by developments in Afghanistan, as well as monitoring the federal response to powerful and deadly hurricanes that slammed Gulf Coast and Northeastern states.

Biden surveyed the hurricane aftermath in Louisiana on Friday, and will examine wreckage in New Jersey and New York City on Tuesday. Next weekend, Biden will mark the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with stops in New York, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Californians launched the recall attempt against Newsom mostly because of pandemic-induced anger over his stay-at-home orders, job losses from business closures and shuttered schools.

Newsom is also facing fallout from a multibillion-dollar fraud scandal at the state unemployment agency while weathering a public shaming for not wearing a mask as he dined with friends and lobbyists at an exclusive restaurant last fall although he had been telling residents to stay home for their safety.

Symone Sanders, Harris’ chief spokesperson, tweeted Saturday that the vice president would visit on Wednesday. Sanders later confirmed that the trip is for Newsom’s political benefit.

Source: https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09/04/harris-to-california-on-wednesday-to-campaign-for-newsom/

Continue Reading

Trending